Saturday, March 15, 2014

2014 Supercross | Detroit Predictions

Photo: racerxonline
Daytona was like watching a fuse burn behind a Howitzer; hands over your ears waiting for the big bang.  One of the the guys at Racer X online felt the race kinda fizzled like the fuse just before igniting.  Of course it's impossible to be bored watching the greatest motor sport on earth but I suppose when compared to a 'normal' round, Daytona fizzled on some level.

The boys in green stole the show and for both Villopoto and Baggett they did so in dominant fashion.  I particularly like the Barcia/Stewart highlight; what's a race without a little controversy?  Roczen and Dungey kept it honest and what a great ride by Wilson and Hahn.  Will Hahn ruled the top spot on my TRAP with an outstanding ride; give him a holeshot and watch out.  Josh Grant also had an inspired ride; let's see if he can keep it up.  James Stewart?  I got nothing!

In the 250 class it was Blake Baggett and a whole bunch of losers.  My biggest question is where has he been the past 3 rounds?  He will be tough to beat if he can only catch a break.  Davalos I thought could hold off the rookie Adam Cianciarulo but track conditions, so they say, played a big part on his struggles to hold his position.  I still look for Martin to keep it close and perhaps pull ahead in points in the next couple of rounds.  It would be remiss not to mention the efforts of Cole Thompson who had the highest CLAW score on my TRAP so congratulations on a fine ride.

Reviewing my record, it's painfully obvious how difficult it is to predict the outcome of a race but my motivations go beyond predictions and although I won't be busting Vegas anytime soon I am making progress.

Saint Patrick's Day is right around the corner so raise those glasses for a little Irish tradition; May you be in heaven a full half hour before the devil knows you're dead... Detroit predictions on tap!  Cheers!

450 SX (+/- handicap)

1. Villopoto (-1)
2. Stewart (+1)
3. Dungey (-1)
4. Roczen (+1)
5. Barcia (+1)
6. Hahn (+1)
7. Tickle (-1)
8. Brayton (+1)
9. Short (-1)
10. Grant (+1)

250 SX (+/- handicap)

1. Baggett (-1)
2. Cianciarulo (-1)
3. Davalos (+1)
4. Bogle (+1)
5. Martin, J (-1)
6. Friese (-1)
7. Thompson (+1)
8. Bisceglia (+1)
9. Decotis (-1)
10. Cunningham (-1)



The Roost'r

No comments:

Post a Comment