Saturday, March 1, 2014

2014 Supercross | Indy Predictions



Photo: supercrossonline.com
James Stewart could have been the first to pull off the first hat trick this season in the 450 class but it appears that the number 7 is doomed by his own Sisyphean task.  He did however post the highest score on my TRAP which just goes to show you that the heart of a champion never dies.

Villopoto remains in the top spot but for how long?  I knew Ken Roczen was fast but I had no idea he could be dominant – just imagine what Tomac can do when healthy.  The injury monster came out again and this time bit Barcia right in the onions.  I sure hope he's good to go because no one needs a win more than Justin Barcia.  As for the Alessi/Tickle controversy; let sleeping dogs lie.

In the 250 class we may have a new contender in Martin Davalos.  Although not my highest scorer, that distinction would go to Cole Thompson, Martin has been showing some speed of late while Blake Baggett can't seem to catch a break.  Adam Cianciarulo once again is proving he belongs although I believe he's been the beneficiary of some unfortunate luck by the veterans and it'll be interesting to see how he does when everything starts to fall into place for the other guys.  For the play by play, check out www.racerxonline.com for more info.

In my previous posts I've been making predictions with +/- 1 handicap for each rider and looking over my results I'd like to try something new for this round.  In addition to making my regular predictions, I'd like to try and predict whether a rider will place higher or lower on the TRAP from his previous position, in this case his TRAP position at Atlanta.  The idea is to connect with the riders' momentum.  I'll run some scenarios through my spreadsheets to help me out; should be interesting.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."  The battle for points rages on; Indy picks on deck.

450 SX (+/- handicap) [Higher or Lower]

1.Stewart (-1) [H]
2.Villopoto (+1) [L]
3.Roczen (+1) [H]
4.Dungey (+1) [L]
5.Brayton (-1) [L]
6.Tickle (+1) [H]
7.Peick (+1) [H]
8.Tomac (+1) [H]
9.Hahn (+1) [L]
10.Short (+1) [L]

250 SX (+/- handicap) [Higher or Lower]

1.Davalos (-1) [L]
2.Baggett (+1) [L]
3.Bogle (-1) [L]
4.Cianciarulo (+1) [L]
5.Wharton (-1) [H]
6.Friese (+1) [H]
7.Thompson (+1) [L]
8.Decotis (+1) [L]
9.Cunningham (+1) [L]
10.Martin, A (+1) [H]

The Roost'r


No comments:

Post a Comment