Saturday, June 21, 2014

2014 Motocross | Thunder Valley

It’s been a busy month so far and I’ve not had much time for blogging.  I made it out to Thunder Valley a couple of weeks ago to catch round 3 of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship and it was everything I had hoped for.  The weather was superb and the racing was even better.

It’s always a topic of discussion over the conditions surrounding the elevation in Lakewood and this year I could actually see it play out over my spreadsheets.   It’s no surprise to all the insiders of the sport but for us lay people it’s cool to see actual numbers.  The 250’s had a harder time with the conditions but the 450’s saw the greatest impact.

In football it’s the weather that is the great equalizer but in Colorado it certainly is the altitude.  In moto 1 of the 450 class, 18 scored within Tier 2 (20 to 25 points), 15 for the 250 class in Tier 2 (20 to 30 points).  By way of comparison, at Hangtown, 9 in 450 moto 2 and 13 in 250 moto 1 scored within these respective ranges.

So what are we to gather from these statistics?  Well, looking at these 2 motos only, if I were racing at Thunder Valley I would hop on a 250 because I may have a better shot at qualifying, assuming I had the perfect setup of course.  I’m working on High Point over the break so check back in a few days for some HP stats.  Till then thanks for clicking in!

The Roost'r





No comments:

Post a Comment